PORTRAIT RETOUCHING WITH D’MAYO
Thank you for your interest in this workshop despite the short notice.
In this day and age it doesn’t take a savvy viewer to pick out a poorly retouched portrait. The tiniest details can wow the viewer and enable a portrait to either pop off the screen or exile it to the land of digital ruin.
In this 5 hour workshop you will learn professional retouch techniques ranging reducing and removing blemishes, wrinkles, fixing hair and makeup, enhancing the eyes and other unwanted features using basic Photoshop tools
The aim of the workshop is to show you how to retouching techniques that can be used vastly in any portrait and thereby giving you more confidence with the use of Photoshop
This is basically me giving myself to you and telling you how I retouch my portrait work. The workshop will be fully practical and interactive; it’s more like chilling with me as I share my knowledge on portrait retouching.
I’ve decided to have a weekday class and a weekend class for your convenience, both with the same curriculum.
After the 5 hours you will hopefully be more confident in retouching your portrait works!
Location: 12b Fagba Crescent, Off Acme Rd, Agidingbi, Ikeja, lagos.
Date: Batch A (Saturday 27th of July, 2013) OR Batch B (Wednesday 31th of July, 2013)
Time: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Workshop Fee: ₦5000
COMPLIMENTARY SNACKS AND DRINKS WILL BE SERVED
ONLY 10 SEATS AVAILABLE FOR EACH BATCH
- Portrait retouching checklist
- Camera RAW
- Balance tricky exposure by “sandwiching” from a single RAW file
- Knowing where and how to improve a portrait
- Basic skin retouch
- Fixing yellow eyes and teeth
- Fixing messy hair
- Layers, Adjustment layers (Curves, Levels, Selective Color,)
- Proper cloning and healing techniques
- Using Patch tool, Liquify Filter, Selective saturation
- Masking for selective improvements to image
- Non-destructive editing techniques and workflow
- Improving facial definition with non-destructive dodge-and-burn
- Background Cleaning and Changing
- Essential keyboard shortcuts
Participants should possess basic Photoshop knowledge and a basic understanding of adjustment layers and layer masks
- Payment for the workshop is due upon booking and is non-refundable in the event of non-attendance for whatever reason.
- Your space will not be reserved until payment has been received.
- In the event that I have to cancel the workshop due to it being unsubscribed or for any other reason (such as illness, Acts Of God etc.), I will give as much notice as possible and offer an alternative date or issue a refund.
- What should I bring?
- I do not have a laptop; can I still take this workshop?
Yes, you can still learn a great deal about the retouching techniques without a laptop. But make sure to bring a notepad and pen to take notes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION send an email to AYPUMING@YAHOO.COM